Thursday 15 October 2015

The girl who grew and the boy who didn't

For the past few years I've been fascinated with Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan especially with Alice in wonderland. I've never read the books on it but I have watched many versions of them. 

When I was a kid, I had a dream. Kind of like an additional story to Peter Pan which focused on the other characters. At first I was very sure I watched a movie of it because it was so vivid. From the costumes to the sets to the actors, it all felt real, exactly like a movie. Over the years, I've have searched all possible Pan related movies, videos or stories. I came back with non. I've accepted that it was indeed a dream, but if anyone has any information on it, please let me know. 
I've forgotten most parts because it ha been many many many years since it happened but the story goes something like this. There was a part on Tinkerbell. Being with Pan all those years, she fell in love with him. Then one day she was granted a wish, which was to be human or human sized. When the both of them finally met after she changed, he didn't quite recognized her but after spending some time together, he realized it was her. Days passed and she finally told him that she has loved him all these while. Pan rejected her (he was a kid and she was an adult, they couldn't be together anyways). She was upset and she turned back into a fairy. 
Then the other part was about Hook. Instead of being at sea, he was on land. He lived among the market area but at his "home" was a big empty circle land. Like in those movie where there were buildings surrounding a fountain except in Hook's story, there wasn't a fountain. It was sometimes transformed into those fight rings. (If you want to imagine it, it's like those 90s movie where they had bull or cock fight etc) Btw, the setting is like a dock but on land, complete with those cabin you see near the docks, with those wooden steps and barrels etc. Anyways one day, there was a fight show going on, Hook was minding his business when he hears that ticking sound. He grew scared. Turns out the crocodile he feared came into the ring. Hook came out and saw it. Then you know how the story goes with Hook and the crocodile. He runs, it tries to attack. Oh man, if you could see it, because I do a very bad job at explaining this to you. If I could illustrate it I would, but I'm bad at that too. I really hope this is a movie because I wanna "watch" it again. If this was a dream, I think I could have something to do with that movie I watched but forgot the title about a group of people in the safari or something who found new tiger pubs, raised them and somehow one of the cub was taken away and was raised as those animal they use for those fight show with other tigers. This one was a good movie I highly recommend. 
By the way, I drew a very nice picture of Peter Pan, the cartoon version, which was the only nice picture I could draw, til now. 

I've always been fascinated at costumes and when I watched the Alice in Wonderland movie version in 2010, I fell in love with it. Even though the main reason I first wanted to watch it was because of Avril Lavigne. I do plan to get the book though. I watched it a few times at this point. Loving Anne Hathaway in it and loving the costumes even more the more I watched it. When I was in college, for my final project in the first semester for the model making class, I didn't know what to do until one night I had a dream of an idea(these is how I get most of my art piece ideas fyi). It was Alice positioned like a trapeze artist in a box. I thought of adding "Eat Me", "Drink Me", Mad Hatter's hat and tea cup set. Being me and being unfamiliar with the material I used to make it, it didn't turn out the way I planned it although I had a good mark for it. Which is why I intend to recreate it, doing my best to create the closes to what I wanted it to be. 

Which leads me to my next point. I've planned a few art piece related to these two stories. Been doing a lot of research on both stories. I wanted to get all the facts right, from the story line to the characters to the costumes but after awhile, since there is so many versions of it especially Alice in Wonderland, I've decided to not be so caught up on it because it is an art piece and I can interpret it whichever way I want it to be. Alice has been my longest project on my mind and Peter has only been less than a year old. I was inspired to do Peter Pan when I heard "Neverland" by Zendaya. I recommend you go listen to it. 

The problem I have now is lack of time as I have projects coming in and out plus other ideas that come up but I'm very determined to get it done. I shall post it up when I finish it. Watch this space.

Thank you for reading!

Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment